Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Eternal Struggle - 10 December 2012

Since the beginning of this year, the enthusiasm to gather and play have slowly wound down to a point where Stephen commented that he never got a game in before ACC Japan 2012. Trying to pick interest back up, we got together for a game late November 2012 and from there decided to try for a monthly play session. 

So it was on the night of 10 December 2012, we met up at Gamersaurus Rex once again. Five Methuselahs shook off the inertia of torpor to once again continue the eternal struggle.

Game 1
Keith (Zombie Geeks ft. Anu Diptinatpa) ->
Me (River Snakes) ->
Fay (Kindred Spirits) ->
Bann (BB Kiev Circle) ->
Wei Yuan (G1/2 Tor/!Tor Celerity Close Combat)

I brought out Kahina, Halim Bey and Amenophobis and played a couple of Waters of Duats before being ousted by a bounced bleed of 3 and Anu's Mouthpiece Shambling Hordes.

Fay brought out Uncle George, Dolphin Black and Korah, and had a Good Thing(tm) going on for a while with Kindred Spirits, Eyes of Chaos, assorted stealthiness and Sleep Unseen. She managed to oust Bann and Wei Yuan before going heads up with Keith.

I took over for a while when she had to take a call.

Anu's shenanigans with Archon Investigation meant that I was stuck bleeding for only 2 per minion at some point. Ultimately, Keith overran the crazies with the *Power of Dominate*(tm).

Note to self: get rid of the Vessels. So. Not. Helpful.

Keith 3vp + GW
Fay 2vp

Game 2
Bann (Animalism Weenie with Dominate) ->
Keith (Giovanni SNS with Dragon Breath Rounds) ->
Fay (Kiasyd S&B) ->
Me (River Snakes) ->
Wei Yuan (Kindred Spirits)

I tweaked the Snakes after being ousted in game 1, removing all unnecessary actions, some overkill of stealth and a stack of Master cards. I was hopeful that this would be a better game.

Until I knew I was seating to the left of a Kiasyd S&B. Nucking Futs.

I felt a glimmer of hope when I saw 4 Deflections in my opening hand. Things went quite well until Wei Yuan decided to play Game of Malkav. I contemplated taking 3 pool with a fairly realistic chance of gaining that 3 pool, but was worried that I will not be able to oust Wei Yuan if he gained 6 pool. When the count was totaled, Wei Yuan lost 6 pool, I lost 5, Fay lost 4, Keith gained 1 (wuss) and Bann gained 3.

I thought with Wei Yuan at 8 pool and with 2 Deflection in hand, I could easily oust him. Except Fay decided to play conservatively. I managed to bounce a bleed of 3 (reduced by Wrong and Crosswise) and another bleed of 2, but was unable to generate the 5 bleed to oust my prey. Fay easily bled Wei Yuan and I out, and because Bann ran out of Deep Songs right at that moment, Fay cleaned up all the vps.

Fay 5vp + GW

No comments:

Post a Comment